Bath, Bed & BeyondJune 23, 2010 at 5:00 am | Posted in Lollipop | 26 Comments
Tags: Challenges, Children, Excuses, Growing Up, Kids, Lists, Motherhood, Parenting, Sleep
50 Reasons Why I Can’t Go to Bed
1. The light is too bright.
2. The light isn’t bright enough.
3. I need my blanket … No, not those five, the green one.
4. I’m hot.
5. I’m cold.
6. I need my princess dress … No, not those five, the mermaid one.
7. I need my pink shoes.
8. I can’t find Cinderella.
9. I’m thirsty.
10. I need a tissue.
11. My bunny needs a tissue.
12. I forgot to blow [insert family member’s name] a kiss.
13. My mosquito bite itches.
14. I have a cough.
15. I have to go potty.
16. The tag on my sleeping dress is scratchy.
17. We’re out of fruit snacks.
18. I have to make sure my water doesn’t spill.
19. I need to know if the fairies came yet.
20. I have to do the laundry in my room.
21. I forgot to eat my dessert.
22. My princesses are having a tea party and being too loud.
23. I have the hiccups.
24. I’m reading my magazines.
25. I need some of the medicine with cherries in it.
26. I have a boo-boo.
27. I have another boo-boo.
28. My boo-boo still hurts.
29. I need a bowl in case I throw up.
30. My night-light fell out of the wall.
31. My drawer won’t close.
32. I’m not tired.
33. I’m too tired.
34. I need a dress from my closet.
35. My bunny needs a dress from my closet.
36. My fingernail is snagged.
37. I need to know where we’re going in the morning.
38. I’m singing to my babies.
39. I heard Giggles was awake.
40. There are ants on my rug.
41. I was getting you that green necklace from your jewelry box.
42. I was getting you those red shoes from your closet.
43. I have to get ready for the ball.
44. I was getting you a dress from your closet to wear to the ball.
45. I need to know what you’re doing.
46. I’m baking cookies.
47. I need my curtains open.
48. I need my curtains closed.
49. I found some trash.
50. I chose the wrong socks.
Why can’t your kids go to sleep? How do you counter sleep-stalling tactics? Did you choose the wrong socks today, too??