Photo TuesdayJune 16, 2011 at 11:44 am | Posted in Giggles, Photo Tuesday, Transylvania | 16 Comments
Tags: Children, Fun, Home, House, Imagination, Kids, Photography, Play, Romania
“Longest way round is the shortest way home.” — James Joyce
We are far from home, but slowly, we are building a home here in Romania … a potted plant, a bowl for keys, favorite blankets tucked into bed corners, familiar towels hanging on silver racks. Yes, even in our bathrooms, we are re-creating the comfort and comforts of the home we temporarily left behind. They make it just a little bit easier to adapt to the newness of this place, where it takes a translating app to navigate the grocery store, a squeegee to clean the bathroom floor, and a spoon of Nutella to make boo-boos better.
1. The inside of my front-loading washing machine, which is in the bathroom. A dedicated laundry room is an unheard-of luxury here.
2. A favorite alligator hooded towel shipped from home.
3. The best way to pass the rainy afternoons.
4. One of my little artists, who will soon be covered in orange paint and in need of a bath.
5. The neighbor’s yellow porch, as seen from the bathroom.
Have you ever found yourself in a strange, new place? How did you make it feel like home? And do you have a favorite towel?
See more bathroom-inspired photos at Beth’s on Thursday.