My Cold SnapDecember 8, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Posted in Bun, Family, Lollipop, Photo Tuesday, Transylvania | 21 Comments
Tags: Children, Expats, Family, Fatherhood, Holidays, Outdoors, Photography, Romania, Snow, Winter
“If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it.” — Lucy Larcom
Five Tips for Staying Warm This Winter
1. Wearing earmuffs on top of your winter hat keeps you extra warm. And extra stylish. (My five-year-old is glad she could enlighten you.)
2. Icy trees like this one are best photographed from your kitchen window. With a cup of hot chocolate waiting for you on the counter.
3. When purchasing a sweet treat from your local holiday market, be sure to choose something that can be eaten with gloves on. Like sugary, steaming-hot bread.
4. When even the ironwork huddles together for warmth, you know it’s time to crank up the heater.
5. It’s a proven fact that big smiles from little boys generate lots of warmth.
What tips do you have for staying warm? What’s your favorite cold-weather snack or beverage? What winter activity makes your little ones smile?
Real Women of Pinterest
I’m in the middle of this online photography tutorial that I found on Pinterest. (There’s no way I could have taken that night shot without it!) Check out more Pinterest-inspired posts and meet more “Real Women of Pinterest” at MEP’s and Erin’s.
Then warm up with more chilly photos at Beth’s.